Friday 5 October 2012

A Poem

This is a poem about a girl who watches shooting stars everyday. One day she thinks that this is how stars die and she feels upset

Dear Stars 1/10/12

Dear stars so bright, yellow and red,
I watch you shoot by as I lie down in bed,
You burn with passion, I wish upon you,
Oh stars I feel sorrow, my heart is so blue.

Tears drip from my eyes, for you I weep,
I dream of you in my world of sleep.
I cry as I watch you fall from the sky,
For I have just learnt that this way you die.

I gaze from afar most every night,
I wonder, dear stars, if death brings you fright,
Someone said all good things come to an end,
Oh stars how I wish this rule I could bend.

Dear stars love you, how I cherish you so,
They say if you love something you must let it go,
But stars I cannot just leave your beautiful light,
After you stayed by my side each lonely night.

Dear stars, so far, so shiny, so white,
I think of you as I sit here and write.
Dear stars how you twinkle up in the sky,
You know too well that we all have to die.

by Ethan Ganes

No comments:

Post a Comment